Please view the following lessons – (a) What is Morality?, (b) Major Ethical Theories Part 1, and (c) Major Ethical Theories Part 2 – and then answer the following questions in your Discussion for this unit/module.
The questions are:
- Relativism – Is what is “right” always right? Is what is “wrong” always wrong? In short, are ethics relative? If so, to what are they relative? Time? Space? Culture? After describing what relativism is, discuss whether you think ethics are relative.
- Moral Theories – After watching the lessons on ethics and major ethical theories, answer these questions: How do you know right from wrong? Which of the various ethical theories seems most reasonable to you to help you know what morality requires of us? Why?
Remember: As you answer, don’t forget to do the following:
- Your initial reply should be at least 300 words.
- Your replies to TWO of your classmates must be at least 150 words each.
- Support your ideas with the sources – the course textbook, the lessons, relevant web research, etc.
- Cite all sources properly in either MLA, APA, or Chicago style (I don’t care which). Remember to cite using page numbers.
- Proof-read your writing so that there are no typographical errors or mechanical problems (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.).
- Keep your remarks “substantive.” Comments like “Good job!” or “I totally agree…” will not earn credit. Your comment must show that you have reflected on the post and added you own interpretation, critique, or questions. Comments may or may not be critical, but they will always be respectful and on topic.