Students learn in a variety of settings and environments. Group learning creates an environment of engagement and motivation. It gives students a chance to learn from each other in a cooperative learning setting.
Part 1: Classroom Design
Based on your own research, select a digital tool or other appropriate strategies to create and design your own classroom. Your design should focus on group and cooperative learning in the classroom environment and include:
• The layout of the classroom.
• Where the desks/tables will be placed to facilitate group learning.
• Where the technology will be located so students with diverse needs have equitable access.
Part 2: Group Learning Reflection
In 500-750 words, identify effective engagement and motivation strategies that promote student learning and describe how you will incorporate group learning techniques into your future teaching practices. Describe how these techniques will help students understand the classroom expectations and procedures and how to work productively.
In your reflection, address:
• Grade level, content area, and rationale as to why your classroom design is conducive to group learning.
• Descriiption of the classroom setting and focus of the room.
• Descriiption of the strategies to foster organization.
• How group learning activities help students work productively and promote students’ growth and development.
• How to communicate effectively with students with diverse needs, including language barriers and cultural differences.
• How you will use these engagement strategies in your future professional practice.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Submit the classroom layout and reflection as one deliverable.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
• Classroom Design
• Group learning reflection
• Classroom Design Rationale and Descriiption
• Classroom Design Learning Activities
• Mechanics of writing